Safety Procedures: COVID-19
Below are the features of the Safety Plan at SSA. While the changes are not substantial, there are some adjustments that should be understood when arriving on our campus:
· Buses will run on their regular schedules.
· All students will be required to wear a mask on the bus.
· A mask will be provided to any student who forgot bring to one or who doesn’t own a mask. (On the first day of school, each bus will be equipped with a supply of masks for this purpose.)
ARRIVAL AT SCHOOL
· Upon arriving at school, students will enter the school through the kitchen area, where they will be greeted by staff and asked to wash their hands at the sinks.
· Masks can be removed, but students will be asked not to cluster. The school can provide up to two reusable masks per student, should students require them.
· Once inside, breakfast snacks will be offered, and we will gather in circle for a group check in. Our intention is to get a sense of how everyone is managing/ coping with the new adjustments to the school routines.
· Morning check in will begin promptly at 9:00am and end at 9:15am.
· First class will be an Elective block, from 9:15am-10:15am.
· Break: 10:15am-10:25am.
· Academic Block, from 10:25am-11:55am
· Lunch is from 11:55am-12:35pm
· Like Howe Sound Secondary, SSA is a closed campus during the Stage 2 Return to School, meaning that students MUST remain on-campus for the duration of the school day including the lunch break. Students can go outside during the lunch break, but need to remain within eyesight of the school. Students cannot leave the property to get food from a local restaurant. This may take some adjustments on the part of our students, but we need to adhere to this safety caveat.
· Afternoon Elective from 12:35pm-1:35pm.
· Break from 1:35pm-1:45pm
· Afternoon Academic from 1:45pm-3:15pm
· Upon dismissal, students will make their way directly to the bus loop or make their way home if they are not eligible for school bus transportation.
· Numbered bus signs will be placed in our bus loop, spaced as widely as possible.
· Students will be asked to remain at their numbered sign and not mingle with students from other buses.
· Students will be required to wear a mask while waiting for the buses.